TuneList - Make your site Live

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Gift


The Gift


I’d been wondering, what does Christmas truly mean?

When I saw a package by the tree that I hadn’t seen.

A small gift in the corner wrapped with much care,

Yet it was so small I wondered what would fit in there.

I went over and picked up the gift and felt a most curious sensation,

A tingling all over is what I got from this Christmas representation.

Then all of a sudden my vision blurred, the edges started to fray,

And I saw something I have yet to see again to this very day.

A child so beautiful that He seemed to give off His own light,

So beautiful the manger He was in, didn’t seem to be right.

Then the image faded and a new one took its place,

The child was older but I still recognized His face.

He was kneeling I saw and saying a prayer,

I saw His tears as I was calmly standing there.

He was crying for me I realized with a start,

And suddenly warmth started spreading through my heart.

I wanted to stop Him when I saw what He had to bear,

But then I realized I couldn’t, I wasn’t really there.

Tears were now streaming down my face, and I didn’t know what to do,

When He with tears of His own, looked at me and said, I did this for you.

The image faded once more as His face started to grow dim,

That was my Christmas present but what would be my gift to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment