TuneList - Make your site Live

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Zion


Zion
I saw a small child clinging to her mother’s side.
But when the first storm hit it ended her ride.
I saw the tears as she was laid in the ground.
But the plea of the mother was the only sound.
“Lord bring us to Zion where we can be one.
Where we can rest Lord when this work is done.”
I saw the families selfless and brave.
Giving of themselves trying others to save.
My heart ached with yearning to be so strong,
And I tried to find comfort in their sweet song.
“Lord bring us to Zion where we can be one.
Lead us into thy rest when this work is done.:

I saw the sweethearts cuddled to keep warm in the snow,
And their pain as they saw the river and cried I cannot go.
I saw four men giving the Lord and others their best.
Yet still in their strength I heard this request.
“Father bring us to Zion where we can be one.
We will not lose faith in thy Holy Son.”

So when I’m afraid and think I will fail,
I’ll remember the pioneers as they struggled along the trail.
I’ll strive to give my best as they gave their all.
And when the hard times hit this will be my call.
“Lord lead me to Zion where I can be one,
Give me the strength until my work is done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment